Grateful Dead Live at Glen Helen Regional Park on 1982-09-05
- Grateful Dead
- DeadLists Project
02 Playin' In The Band >
03 Shakedown Street >
04 Minglewood Blues
05 tuning/amplifier problems (1)
06 Samson & Delilah
08 China Cat Sunflower >
09 I Know You Rider
02 Man Smart, Woman Smarter
04 Truckin' >
05 Drums >
06 Space >
07 Not Fade Away >
08 Black Peter >
09 Sugar Magnolia
10 U.S. Blues
11 (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
12 outro by Bill Graham (2)
Related Music question-dark
Versions - Different performances of the song by the same artist
Compilations - Other albums which feature this performance of the song
Covers - Performances of a song with the same name by different artists
|Playing In The Band ->|
|Shakedown Street ->|
|tuning/amplifier problems (1)|
|Samson And Delilah|
|China Cat Sunflower ->|
|I Know You Rider|
|Man Smart (Woman Smarter)|
|Not Fade Away ->|
|Black Peter ->|
|U. S. Blues|
|(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction|
|outro by Bill Graham (2)|
- all tracks have been speed corrected, they were running just a little too fast.
- d1to1, swapped channels for the first 44 seconds, cleaned up dropouts 0:44 - 0:47 by patching in from
opposite channel and adjusting level and removed click at 1:42
- d1t02, repaired small dropout at 4:47
- d1t05, removed 2 pops 2 at 0:26
- d1t08, repaired two small dropouts at 3:02
- d2t01, patched with SBD: MC > DAT > CDR (shnid 5490) for first 33 seconds (eq'd so that it is a closer match)
- d2t07, cleaned a bad spot 44:49 - 44:50
- some of the crowd between d2t09-d2t10 and d2t10-d2t11 is missing
- the whole show has been re-tracked
- remastered with iZotope Ozone and Waves Z-Noise
This is definitely one for the Phil fans. Thanks are due to BoldCaptain & SBDJohnny, for putting this very good recording into circulation.
(1) Weir says "We got amplifiers dropping off like flies, in the heat" and "Serves us right for trying to play this
(2) Bill Graham says "Music to wake up with and music to go to sleep with and music to spend the day with.
There is really nothing like the Grateful Dead"
Although not included in this recording, Lesh said to the crowd "Settle down and spread, it's breakfast in bed with the Grateful Dead
The U.S. Festival was the brainchild of Apple Computer co-founder, Steve Wozniak. When he coudn't find a suitable venue, he pulled out his chequebook and paid for one to be built!
The Dead weren't originally scheduled to play but Bill Graham had other ideas. Consequently, they went on stage at 9:30 a.m, hence the comments above.
edited and mastered
- 2008-01-17 14:01:32
- mac > Nakamichi 680ZX > Tascam CD RW5000 > Bias Peak 3.21 on G4 Powerbook > wav > flac
- Devore, CA
- Run time
- Taped by
- Transferred by
- Glen Helen Regional Park
Subject: The Playin>Shakedown transition!!!
Subject: A child's perspective
Subject: explosve show
Subject: Breakfast in America
Subject: The First (of two) US Festivals !!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Festival. There has to be a video/films somewhere that document these enormous events ~ of which offered three, on-stage, live cam viewing screens that were huge. Unless I'm mistaken, the state-of-the-art sound system was all designed by the Grateful Dead!
bobby sings " ever since she went and had a sex change" instead of "living on reds, vitamin c, and cocaine"
great shakedown, samson, china cat, i know you rider, sugar magnolia, us blues, satisfaction
actually the entire thing is great, one of my favorite shows
Subject: Interesting, different, good mood on this one...
Subject: One for the Phil fans?
Could be the amplifiers melting in the noonday sun I guess. It's definitely not on this end. My rig's fine and I don't have a problem with heat in western Humboldt County.
Subject: Great Show.......nice outdoor sound
Uploaded by Matthew Vernon on